Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday DIY: Four DIY Curtains

Hello and welcome to another edition of Friday DIY This edition is inspired by the changing light here in Minnesota.  The sun is at such an angle that we are getting bright, blinding light through our windows.  Personally, I'm soaking it all up in anticipation of a long, dark winter.  But, sometimes, you have to block the sun or you'll go blind.


via
I LOVE this idea from Involving Home for no sew roman shades!  She mentions wanting to add a liner on the back so the shades look better from outside the house.  I agree with her on that, and it shouldn't be too hard to add a simple backing using the same instructions.  This DIY is going on my to do list.


via
This tutorial not only shows you how to make your own curtain rod, but she also describes how to make easy faux pinch pleats on the curtains themselves.  


via
Head over to Jacqueline Zinn to see three ideas for curtains to put up in a teenager's room.  These aren't tutorials but they are inspiration!  


via
I love the bold look of these black and white striped curtains.  Aren't they fabulous?

My windows have been bare a long time and looking for these tutorials really inspired me to work on the windows!


- - - - - - -


Enjoy your weekend!  As always, if you make any of these DIYs, I'd love to see them!  Just post a link in the comments or e-mail a photo to kibbles.n.knits (at) gmail (dot) com.

Interested in seeing more Friday DIY?  Click here.  

All photos and tutorials are property of original owners.  I did not write these DIYs or take these photos.  I collect DIYs and pass them on to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.